Halloween is a day away and we know everyone is ready to dress up and head out. Here at Apple Tree Orthodontics we care about not only your teeth, but your safety. There are a few tips from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Costumes should short and not drag in order to prevent tripping or falling
- If you wear a mask make sure it is secure
- Costume accessories should be soft and flexible for safety
- Make sure you have a flashlight
- Make sure your goodies bag is secure
- Trick or Treat in groups
- Young children should be accompanied by adults
- Let children know to always stay on the sidewalk
- Beware if passing cars
- Always use crosswalk when crossing the street
- Children should only go to homes where the lights are on outside
- Never enter a home, unless accompanied by an adult
- Make sure children know all treats need to be inspected by adults before eating
Remember there’s going to be candy everywhere and we want to make sure that our patients are enjoy the Halloween spirit, but are also protecting their oral health. We want to remind our patients who are under orthodontic treatment certain foods like caramel, taffy and hard-candies should be avoided. Have fun!